ANNOUNCING THE WAC WOMEN WARRIORS
WORLDWIDE ANGLICAN CHURCH ANNOUNCEMENT
We are excited to announce our new WAC Women Warriors International Committee, which will be a powerful movement across the world. Pictured here is our new Logo. The Patron is Her Grace the Most Rev. Dr Christine Mercy Johnson, the Hon. Sarah Lwanga Tusubira (Wife of our Patriarch) and the Hon. Mary Roshel Amwayi (Wife of our Primate in Kenya), will serve as our International President and Vice President. We will be launching a new Facebook Group and a specific page on our website – stay tuned to how you can join the movement as members of the Worldwide Anglican Church.
WAC Women Warriors is an inspirational global Christian movement of the Worldwide Anglican Church members working to empower women to develop communities, strengthen families and advocate for change based on Proverbs: 31.
Our members work as volunteers in local communities, putting their faith into action by giving individuals in need a helping hand and enabling communities (family by family) to have the confidence and skills to transform their lives in a sustainable way.
The Women Warriors was started on June 11, 2020 by Her Grace, the Most Reverend Dr. Christine Mercy Johnson to support and strengthen women and girls within their homes and communities. As a child living in Cheshire, England, she regularly attended the Mothers’ Union with her late mother Audrey and experienced firsthand the inspirational support and benefits of bringing women together each week for instruction and unity. After several months of prayer and fasting, Archbishop Dr. Johnson felt lead to unite the women and girls within the church to teach them how to develop their gifts to offer important skills to others. God lead her to two respected and experienced Mothers within the Church – the Hon. Lady Sarah Lwanga Tusubira from Uganda, and the Hon. Mary Roshel Amwayi from Kenya to lead the movement.
Our vision is to empower women of noble character to diligently care for their families with kindness, confidence, and wisdom by exemplifying the characteristics found in Proverbs 31. We invigorate women and girls by teaching essential skills that will strengthen communities across the world by using seven main disciplines – Education, Economy, Equipment, Exchange, Energy, Exercise and Employment.
We aim to show our Christian faith by the metamorphosis of communities worldwide, through the empowerment of women as they learn to walk confidently through life as inspirational role models and messengers of loving light.
Each member across the world subscribes to the same values:
1. We are firmly rooted in the principles of Proverbs 31 and the teachings of Jesus Christ
2. We work together with mutual respect and as partners throughout the community, nation, and world.
3. Our governance, leadership and programs are driven by and undertaken through members within their own communities worldwide.
4. We are inclusive and work with people of all faiths and none.
Our aims and objectives are:
1. To encourage women in their role and responsibility to develop the faith of their children
2. To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship, and service
3. To promote positive and healthy conditions in society favorable to stable family life and the protection of children, elders, the disabled and disenfranchised, the homeless, family pets and livestock.
4. To help those whose family life has met with adversity, loss, and unexpected displacement
5. To promote and support married life
Our Women Warriors are single, married, parents, grandparents, and young adults willing to share their knowledge and skill sets and partner together to empower all people regardless of race, color, creed, or social standing. Women Warriors provides a robust network through which they can serve Christ in their own community – through prayer, advocacy, financial support and actively working at the grassroots level in programs that meet local needs to effect change at the local, regional, national, or international level spontaneously and in unity with one another.